About Us / Purpose
The Lorain County Records Retention Center, established in February 1998, insures that the County governmental records and information resources are both preserved and available for public access.
The Center serves the offices and agencies of County government with a centralized records storage center and providing records management services that will assist County personnel to maintain more efficient and effective control over the documents they create. If you are seeking information or a specific record, you are encouraged to call the Records Center directly and we will be very happy to assist and provide you with the location and/or the status of the information you need.
The Center also ensures that County records and information are preserved and legally disposed of pursuant to the Ohio's records laws.
Benefits of the Lorain County Records Retention Center include:
- microfilming and/or scanning records to reduce space and protect vital records
- secure records destruction per the Ohio Revised Code
- improve security for confidential records
- improved public access to records transferred to the Center
- improve productivity and space utilization for the offices served
- archival security of all microfilm
- computerized indexing of County Records stored
The Lorain County Records Retention Center is a fully functional records storage and processing facility available to any County office or agency.